Earwood Dentistry provides comprehensive care for general preventative needs for all members of your family. Our goal is to assist your family to maintain their oral health and educate them on the importance of excellent oral hygiene. Earwood Dentistry offers a couple of reasons why oral health maintenance with 6-month checkup appointments is so important.
What to expect at your 6-month appointment
- We discuss any changes, symptoms, or concerns you have regarding your oral health.
- You will receive a comprehensive cleaning of the teeth and gum line for prevention of bad breath, cavities, and gum disease.
- Our dental team will fully examine the teeth, gums, and mouth to determine if there are any signs of disease.
- Some appointments may include x-rays. Dentists use x-rays for any unnoticeable oral problem like impacted teeth, jawbone damage, or decay between teeth.
Why is it so important?
- We will discuss your current oral health and dental history, and risk of cavities or need for dental sealants or other preventive care.
- You will receive a replacement toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss.
- We will evaluate your risk for any possible dental disease, like gingivitis.
- Regular cleanings will help prevent gum disease and cavities.
What are the advantages of maintaining your dental health?
We can help detect cavities, bite issues, or the necessity for other treatments, such as early intervention orthodontics, deep cleanings, tooth replacement, cosmetic dentistry, and more.
Your teeth are meant to last a lifetime. Keeping regular visits will prolong the lifetime of your teeth, and hopefully avoid extensive and invasive procedures later in life.
Earwood Dentistry knows that routine care and preventative services will assist you and your family to maintain a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. To schedule a checkup for yourself, your child, or another member of your family, request a consultation online.